- Instructor: Admin
- Lectures: 129
- Quizzes: 9
- Students: 473
Welcome to our online First Aid CPR AED course. During this course, you will gain knowledge and skills that may help save a life. In this course, you will learn the basics of first aid, the most common life-threatening emergencies, how to recognize them, and how to help. You will also learn how to recognize when someone needs CPR, how to call for help, and how to give CPR and use an AED. This course follows the latest guidelines and protocols as set by the American Heart Association® (AHA).
At the end of this First Aid CPR AED course, you will be able to:
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of first aid rescuers.
- Describe the key steps in first aid.
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers.
- Remove protective gloves.
- Find the problem.
- Describe an assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke.
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child.
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant.
- Use an epinephrine pen in case of a severe allergic reaction.
- Control bleeding and bandaging.
- Recognize elements of common injuries.
- Recognize elements of common illnesses.
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury.
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival.
- Explain the concept of the chain of survival.
- Recognize when someone needs CPR.
- Understand how to perform high-quality CPR for an adult.
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others.
- Understand how to give effective breaths by using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups.
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult.
- Understand how to perform high-quality CPR for a child.
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child.
- Understand how to perform high-quality CPR for an infant.
- You will be evaluated via the percentage of completed review questions (quizzes) and lessons to finish the course (passing condition value = 75%). Do not forget to mark every lesson as “complete” before starting a new one.
- You will be evaluated via results of the final quiz/exam (passing grade = 75%).
- You can retake the final quiz/exam up to 2 times.
Certification & Completion Card
If you complete all course requirements and pass the final exam (quiz), you’ll receive a course completion card (certificate) which is nationally and internationally recognized and valid for 2 years. You will be able to download your Certificate in pdf format directly from your personal Dashboard on our website.
1. First Aid CPR AED Terms and Concepts
In this section, you will learn key terms and concepts that are used throughout this First Aid course. They are the foundation for understanding the material presented in this online course.
Lecture 1.11.1. Definition of First Aid30m
Lecture 1.21.2. Responsive vs Unresponsive5m
Lecture 1.31.3. Adults, Children and Infants (Age Definitions)
Lecture 1.41.4. Sudden Cardiac Arrest or Heart Attack?
Lecture 1.51.5. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Lecture 1.61.6. Agonal Gasps
Lecture 1.71.7. Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Lecture 1.81.8. Alert Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
Lecture 1.91.9. Adult Chain of Survival
Lecture 1.101.10. Pediatric Chain of Survival
Lecture 1.111.11. Respiratory Problems often Cause Cardiac Arrest in Children
2. First Aid Basics
In this section, you'll learn the duties, roles and responsibilities of the first aid rescuer and the steps of first aid. You will also learn the following skills, removing protective gloves and finding the problem.
3. First Aid - Medical Emergencies
In this section, we will look at first aid actions for medical emergencies, including breathing problems, severe choking, heart attack and stroke. Your actions in the first few minutes when you see the signs of these conditions could help save a life!
4. First Aid - Injury Emergencies
In this section, we will discuss about the injuries that are those you are most likely to encounter: external bleeding, shock, wounds, internal bleeding, head, neck and spinal injuries, burns and electrical injuries. In some cases, the injury may not seem urgent, but some injuries can become serious if not treated.
5. First Aid - Environmental Emergencies
In this section, we will discuss about bites and stings, heat-related emergencies, cold-related emergencies and poison emergencies.
6. CPR and AED use for Adults
7. CPR and AED use for Children
8. CPR for Infants
9. Final Quiz / Exam
You will be evaluated via results of this final quiz / exam (passing grade = 75%).